Primary School Trips
We welcome primary schools all year round for day visits, one or two-night residential’s and longer residential stays.
Our belief is that a memorable day visit or residential should be an essential part of a young person’s education. We are absolutely committed to helping you get the most out of your learning outside the classroom experience and enriching the experiences your primary school group.
We’ll inspire, motivate and challenge your pupils to raise aspirations, build their confidence and support their achievement. Each day brings a new adventure and the chance to try something new with the encouragement of their friends.
Bring them back more inspired and eager to learn – even walking a little taller!
Bringing out the best in young people is what we do best and with PAAC, you can be sure you’ll get the very best support for a great school trip. With us, everything is included – the activities, equipment, accommodation and food.
It’ll be a learning outside the classroom experience they’ll remember for the rest of their lives.
Designing your bespoke programme
The team will design a bespoke programme with you for your students depending upon the length of your visit, particular requirements you may have, such as catering and accommodation, and what you really want to achieve with your students during your visit. Take a look at our programmes that can be created for your children in the links below.
Programmes for primary schools
All our programmes are tailored to your groups individual needs. We have a number of programmes that are ideally suited to younger students including our Young Adventurer Program, which is a great introduction to outdoor learning and our popular New Start programme specifically designed with the start of a new school year in mind.
For more information about Primary School Trips at the Peter Ashley Activity Centres call Fort Purbrook on 023 9232 1223 for details.
Defining the aim of your group’s visit is very important. As their leader we work with you to specify their learning outcomes you wish them to achieve during their visit. These could include:
- Setting Goals
- Broaden Horizons
- Self Awareness
“Our School have been visiting the centre for the last couple of years and everytime the experience for our children has been amazing. Just superb!!” – 5*
“The tailored programme and range of activities is fantastic. Our children return from the Fort buzzing, they talk about it for ages after” – 5*
You’ll bring back more inspired, more motivated pupils.
They’ll take home memories of a trip that made a difference.
Base of Operations
For groups that would prefer to run their own programme and are just looking for venue hire, our centres have some great facilities and our friendly centre teams can offer round the clock support to cater for a range of requirements.
Bespoke outdoor experience programmes
So, you have decided to get your students out of the classroom and into the natural environment. That’s fantastic! Whatever outdoor learning experience you have in mind, PAAC has got everything to create a Bespoke Outdoor Experience Programme that is engaging, developmental, exhilarating and fun!
Your action-packed activity programme will be tailored to meet the specific requirements of your group, so you can choose the learning experience that’s right for your pupils.
- Leadership, teamwork, communication and problem solving are all key skills that your pupils will develop and make progress with on a PAAC multi-activity course.
- Their renewed enthusiasm and motivation for learning will inspire success in many other areas of their education, often leading to raised levels of attainment.
- Overcoming new challenges with the support of their peers, teachers and PAAC staff helps to improve self-confidence.
- The outdoors environment provides many opportunities for your pupils to work closely together and will help improve their social awareness.
- Reaching goals as a team means pupils are able to recognise the achievements of others as well as their own.
- You’ll notice improvements in many personal qualities such as self-reliance, responsibility, initiative and perseverance.
- Pupils leave with an appreciation for the benefits of health and physical fitness.