Outdoor adventure learning is an important part of every child’s development and at PAAC we recognise this by offering group adventure trips to home school students. Fort Purbrook has group accommodation for up too 100 people and this makes it possible for home school networks, of whatever size, to come together and benefit from outdoor education.
We’ll inspire, motivate and challenge your students to raise aspirations, build their confidence and support their achievement. Each day brings a new adventure and the chance to try something new.
You can be sure you’ll get the very best support for a great school trip. With us, everything is included – the activities, equipment, accommodation and food.
It’ll be a learning outside the classroom experience they’ll remember for the rest of their lives.
Designing your bespoke programme
The team will design a bespoke programme with you for your students depending upon the length of your visit, particular requirements you may have, such as catering and accommodation, and what you really want to achieve with your students during your visit. We’ll work with your home schooling network to tailor a programme ideally suited to your group’s individual needs.
For more information about Home Schooling Trips at the Peter Ashley Activity Centres call Fort Purbrook on 023 9232 1223 for details.
PAAC centres provide the perfect venues for your revision retreats. Revision breaks are a great way of focusing students, encouraging strong study skills going forward and reducing stress at a time when students need it most.
Your students can spend time working in teacher led sessions, on group revision tasks as well as private study time. All this in the peace and tranquillity of our beautiful sites. At home students are surrounded by distractions: television, games consoles, computers and much more. Coming away to our sites for focused revision time can make an enormous difference to students and foster great study skills when they do return home. Combined with a schedule of active sessions students are rewarded for their hard work and encouraged to study harder. Not only does activity provide the perfect respite for a tired mind but also reduces stress.
Defining the aim of your group’s visit is very important. As their leader we work with you to specify their learning outcomes you wish them to achieve during their visit. These could include:
- Setting Goals
- Broaden Horizons
- Self Awareness
“The tailored programme and range of activities is fantastic. Our children return from the Fort buzzing, they talk about it for ages after” – 5*
Base of Operations
For groups that would prefer to run their own programme and are just looking for venue hire, our centres have some great facilities and our friendly centre teams can offer round the clock support to cater for a range of requirements.
Our centres are perfectly geared to cater for Primary schools seeking the ultimate in transition day adventures. Breaking down barriers between groups, our activities see students come together to work towards common goals.
Encourage interaction, develop listening skills and improve awareness of others with a full day’s programme built for team building, discovery and, of course, fun!
- Leadership, teamwork, communication and problem solving are all key skills that your pupils will develop and make progress with on a PAAC multi-activity course.
- Their renewed enthusiasm and motivation for learning will inspire success in many other areas of their education, often leading to raised levels of attainment.
- Overcoming new challenges with the support of their peers, teachers and PAAC staff helps to improve self-confidence.
- The outdoors environment provides many opportunities for your pupils to work closely together and will help improve their social awareness.
- Reaching goals as a team means pupils are able to recognise the achievements of others as well as their own.
- You’ll notice improvements in many personal qualities such as self-reliance, responsibility, initiative and perseverance.
- Pupils leave with an appreciation for the benefits of health and physical fitness.