Peter Ashley Activity Centres Trust
We’re on the lookout for inspirational and dedicated people to join our team of Equestrian Instructors. With a range of roles available, you can work with children and adults of all ages and abilities.
Why should you work at Fort Purbrook
- Generous training budget to help with NGBs and development courses.
- Personalized on-going mentoring with a senior member of the Team.
- Gain the benefits of working with a small team of like-minded people.
- Opportunities to progress, we develop Instructors in to further roles or specialist instructor roles.
- Multiple sports clubs available to staff and staff gym, with discounted personal training.
- Charity run organisation where you are not just a number but a valued member of the team.
- Easy travel to Portsmouth and the Southdowns Way.
- Vibrant location with local facilities and social opportunities all within easy reach.
- PAAC will provide you with a uniform suitable for wet and dry weather for free.
- Start dates from as early as second week of April
- Instructors average between 10-40+ hours a week, dependent on the needs of the center.
- 20 days holiday pro rata plus bank holidays.
- Competitive Hourly Rate, plus enhancements for further activity qualifications.
At least one of the following qualifications
- BHS Stage 1 minimum
- Appropriate First Aid qualification (min 6hr EFAW).
- Have high personal standards of work and a strong work ethic.
- To be proactive in using initiative.
- Previous instructional, teaching, coaching experience.
- Successful applicants at interview will need to complete an enhanced DBS check (completed in house).
- A sense of fun.
- D1 Mini bus license
- RDA experience
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic to learn and develop
- Good People Skills
- Well Organised
Essential Job Functions
- Set high standards of activity delivery.
- Undertake yard duties.
- To communicate with staff and clients effectively.
- Assist in the schooling of horses.
- Keep comprehensive notes on all clients and their level.
- To work one weekend day and at least one evening.
Non-essential Job Functions
- Facilitation of cover when needed
- Evening, weekend, early and late working hours maybe required.
- Any other duties as requested by line manager and management team.
Successful candidates will support the Centre in their day to day roles by ensuring the clients with a safe, fun, educational and high-quality experience.
Instructors are trained, observed and supervised in the delivery of our equestrian activities. They are treated as individuals and unique styles of delivery are appreciated and encouraged.
We want you to experience variety and satisfaction in your role, but at the same time we also want you to create lasting memories with our clients by working with them on repeat visits and build relationships to help create that familiar and memorable experience.
Instructors also help with all yard duties and schooling all horses.
The working week excludes Bank Holidays and holiday cannot be taken during June, July and August without prior agreement with the Centre Manager.
We run a probationary period of 6 – 8 weeks from start dates; contracts are issued during this time based on satisfactory performance..
Each year has a reduced staff winter period around the Christmas months and how long this is completely depends upon the bookings.
Depending on the bookings, or role progression your contract may be extended through this period. If not, this is a great time to head home for Christmas, re-charge your batteries and catch up with your family and friends before returning to us refreshed in the new year.
As an organisation, it is important that we maintain high staff and safety standards. Upon joining us, all employees receive an employee handbook that details the do’s and don’ts of life at PAAC as well as our HR systems and procedures. All staff will also receive a formal contract to sign and performance appraisals and session observations are held throughout the year.
This is not a residential job, so transport to and from the centre is required.
This is for part time roles, however hours can increase and exceed full time hours during busy summer period.
Thank you for your interest regarding the Equestrian Instructor vacancies at
The Peter Ashley Activity Centers, Fort Widley.
To apply for a position, please send your full CV and a Covering Letter to;
Lisa Wheatley, the Centre Manager via:
Applications will only be accepted via email,